“Juicy Explosions of Smoked BBQ Flavors”
The food can be described as a little slice of heaven.— Steven and Jessica Mortensen, wedding customer.
The American BBQ, a family-owned and operated business, has perfected their recipes for southern style “Genuine Wood-Smoked BBQ” for over 15 years to create “juicy explosions of smoked BBQ flavors”! We want to be the best option for southern BBQ in the New England region, and love it when customers respond that “it is as good as eating at the top BBQ restaurants in the south”. We continue to develop our own sauces and rubs to enhance the meats smoked perfection with sealed in moisture and tenderness.
It’s all about the meats, menu options, and the plentiful sides at American BBQ, as the full meal experience which meets every customer’s preferences is our focus. Our open selection, customized menu structure enables you to package together your favorite entrée items and sides for your catered events. We have built the restaurant and catering business foundation on consistency, quality, freshness and friendly attentive service. Find out why American BBQ has a solid Yelp rating and was rated “Gourmet Greatness” and “Top 10 BBQ Restaurant in New England” by The Phantom Gourmet. As owners, Steve & Michele Pierro state,
We love people that love to eat!
What we deliver:
- Genuine wood-smoked Memphis style meats
- A BBQ catering service that can accommodate events of all shapes and sizes
- Numerous gluten-free entrée options and side choices (these are all identified by an asterisk on our menus)
- Extensive and diverse menu which includes selections for everyone (barbecue meats, fish (fried and grilled), Tex-Mex, chicken, turkey, pizza and non-meat menu options)
- Full flexibility in selecting your favorite menu combinations for your catered event
- Meats cooked slowly on the premises for over 5-16 hours on smoldering mixed hardwoods (oak, hickory and maple)
- A great selection of American BBQ smokin’ meats which include pulled pork, pulled chicken, Texas smoked sausage, sliced beef brisket and our signature Memphis pork ribs
- Mouthwatering side dishes with 17 sides to choose from including coleslaw, mac n’ cheese, baked beans, cucumber, carrot & onion salad, red bliss mashed potatoes, green beans, mashed sweet potatoes, dirty rice and southern greens
- Homemade pies, bread pudding and cakes
- Warm service with a personal touch in a southern hospitality atmosphere…tin wall hangings, barn board, pig artwork, antiques, southern memorabilia, bright neon signs and lights, and free old fashioned kettle corn, all contribute to the dining experience
- Fresh food ready each morning after all night smoking
- Plentiful portions where you never leave feeling like you haven’t had enough to eat
- A fun kid-friendly spot with half priced special kids menu on Sundays
- Specials including our popular Prime Rib night each Thursday for a 16 ounce prime rib, two sides and cornbread
Owners Steve and Michelle Pierro have a combined fifty years in the restaurant and catering business, including former ownership and management of Jacob Marleys Restaurant located in Marblehead and Newburyport. Our personal touch and team approach enables us to cover all the details for your special catered events. As we frequently hear, customers often worry about running out of food, but at American BBQ we make sure there’s always more than enough for everyone. Choose from several service options: pick up, delivery and set up or fully staffed service.
Steve loves to tinker in the kitchen stirring up new sauces and rubs, and now you can purchase them both online and at the restaurant.